Monday, September 15, 2008

Open Mouth, THINK!

I have been intrigued by a new acquaintance and given a lot of thought to the things I wanted to learn about and from this person. There are aspects of his life that particularly fascinated me, but I never knew how to broach the subject. Part of the time I just wanted to say, "I don't care about the whole of you, I just want to know about the part that would benefit me!" I don't think it crossed my mind that this was wrong or rude. Luckily for me, though I opened my mouth several times, I always shut it, biting my tongue, but never knowing why. However tonight I realized that the things we share are not the focus. I don't want to be labeled or only considered valuable for one reason or just one aspect of my person. I am a complete individual and want to be treated as such. Huh, funny, treat others like you would like to be treated. Sounds familiar, yeah? So, while I would like to find out about my new acquaintance, I want the process to flow naturally, not pushed, labeled or manipulated. Friendship cannot be formed like that and what ever does come out of those circumstances will be hollow and fleeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home