Sunday, September 14, 2008

Morality Accepted

So I've been thinking a lot about morality lately. I have become acquainted with someone who has grown up just a few miles away from me, presumably raised LDS, who is agnostic. I've never met anyone that I've known was agnostic. A few atheists here and there but never agnostic. I'm so curious about the development of this paradigm, yet I'm only an acquaintance and don't feel comfortable bringing up the subject. But in a small place like Who-ville, where the citizens are so dominantly religious it must be difficult at times to be accepted. Who's can be so close minded and it worries me that he could be mistreated or written off as an outcast.

Just because someone is different, in this case, an agnostic paradigm, by know means indicates an immoral or corrupt person. He should still be loved, and not only by Who's solely intent on love for the sake of returning him to the fold. Why can't people love because everyone EVERYONE deserves love. Love out of duty or desire for changed action is not love.

Morals can be guided by religious belief, but it is not necessary for someone to live a moral and good life. You can still be a friend, a father, a brother, or son and be a good person in the community positively impacting the lives of others selflessly and not be religious.

Let's just accept our brothers and sisters. Love them because love is love, not because of stipulations or requirements, because love cloaked in circumstance simply is not true love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaron said...

WOW! I love your perspective on life! I think utah valley needs more minds like yours!

December 17, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home