Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Search is On

I'm currently hunting, with the pirate oath as my guide I am traveling everywhere, burning everything and stealing anything that is not nailed down. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find employment in a land-locked place like desert Utah with a mantra like that.
A few weeks ago I decided I had worked at Risk Management and Safety as a "fire guy" long enough. So at least I have the burn everything down, or did. But I didn't have a new job when I left. Situations were such that I needed to leave one way or another as quickly as possible. So I finished up my projects and never looked back.

Now I'm sitting here, Tuesday, I've only been jobless since last Monday, and while the vacation was nice, I'm now starting to get cabin fever. But it's not for not trying. I've sent out close to 20 resumes and applications. I've had two responses and didn't get the first job but I have high hopes for the second. Sadly, I can't start there until Aug. 25 when they begin the next training group.

There are a lot of jobs out there and I'm sure I could do many of them. I just hate this waiting dance; submit, call, dress, interview, call, and not only does it finish with starting over, I often face several different dance steps at the same time.

So for now, I'm still looking. Wish me luck. And if you know of any AMAZING jobs, I'm looking, and Very Very capable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home